Fed up with positive vibes from lifehack.org, I came up with the following two lists.
If you want to be happy:
- Help others. This will bring meaning to your life.
- Have goals. Life without purposes is pointless.
- Smile. When you feel good, it makes you smile, but also smiling will make you feel good.
- Keep romantic relationship. Share your happiness with someone you love.
- Have enough sleep. At least 6 hours and 15 minutes of sleep per night will improve your memory and will make you feel fresh.
- Live closer to work. Spend less time in traffic jams and packed public transportation.
- Enjoy the moment. Do what you do with joy and be glad about the present you achieved.
- Write down good things happened to you. The days will feel more fulfilled.
- Do something new. From time to time get out of your routine and cross your comfort zone. This will bring liveliness to your life.
- Pray or meditate. It calms down the anxious mind and brings you closer to Higher Powers.
If you want to be successful:
- Create value for others. People will be grateful for your work.
- Have a vision. If you want to achieve progress, you need to have a direction.
- Adapt to situation. As you learn new things and get the cleaner big picture, you will need to adapt your purposes or methods to achieve them.
- Solve problems creatively. Rules are created to simplify understanding of reality. However, this understanding is always limited, so sometimes you need to break these rules and to create new ones.
- Be passionate. Passion is the inner drive which moves you forward.
- Connect to other successful people. Learn from others and share your knowledge with those who need it.
- Manage time. Prioritize tasks and learn to say NO to low priority activities.
- Be patient. You’ll fail many times until you achieve success. Get used to that. When you fall, get up and move on.
- Talk less, do more. You can talk about something later when it is done (as a part of marketing).
Success is something how others evaluate you. It’s the impression you make by your work to the other people. It’s the hierarchy level you achieve in your chosen area.
A man can hope that success will make him happy, but this is not always true.
Happiness is how you feel yourself. Others can’t evaluate your happiness. They can only guess.
You are happy, when you don’t worry about things you care. Or when you achieve something you dreamed about. Each achievement creates new wishes. You are always hungry for something better than you have.
Let’s not allow the achieved happiness to stop personality growth (don’t rest on laurels), but also let’s not forget to enjoy the present while aiming for our objectives.
You can have it all, but not at the same time. You can make any choice you want if you are willing to accept the consequences that come with it.
Finally, if you need some more positive inspiration, have a look at the tumblr of Jordis.